Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

OK, forget video (TV)!

But if there were some credible science to wire direction and it's effects on low level electrical signal distribution, how about the front ends of Cell phone tower receivers and signal processing?

Now don't you all agree if there was any substance to the idea of wire directionality improving performance wouldn't the cell phone industry for just one example be all over it? Just squeezing in a few more data channels would be worth millions yearly.

Don't like cell phones? How about other areas of electronics that deal with sensitive electrical signals?

P.S.
"Anyway, I think the resolution of that VTR was probably pretty low, as was the color fidelity. At the same time as that, hifi systems were already pretty high rez, no?"

Even in 1959, the absolute minimum HF limit for broadcast quality was about 3.5mhz. Still a far cry for 20,000hz! So no, still no contest between audio and video bandwidth.

They didn't go to all the trouble of high speed rotating heads to get to 1500ips relative tape speed just for fun. The physics of magnetic tape recording required it - and still does!

Edits: 09/21/15 09/21/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.