Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Ignore the doubters!

"Ask Dave Slagle to tell you the story where he intentionally reversed the direction of one wire in a batch of coils he made for Pierre Sprey at Mapleshade, without telling them...and they caught it!"

-Great, so you guys can tell us how Dave Slagle knew which wire was the "right way" to begin with?
I'm all ears.

For the record, the directional flow of electrons through some materials is not a mystery, it is called a junction diode.
If something like that did in fact happen, the folks doing the observation failed to look at the big picture, it could just just have easily been a poorly soldered connection.

"So if you want to believe in trendy in-group buzzwords from an audio forum over me, go ahead. No skin off my nose."

-What are you talking about? What trendy buzzwords am I using?

"Personally, I don't worry about this and I will never put a wood chip on a transformer. I have bigger problems than these."

-Thank you, the wasn't so bad, was it?

"Empirically-based, experimental studies such as that undertaken by the OP can yield a useful body of practical knowledge. Moreso than abstract physics discussions in absence of any direct experience, I would venture."

-No it doesn't, he built something based on previously known abstract physics then added a bit of his own JuJu.

"It's a complicated world out there, especially when music listening is the subject and goal."

-It's not that complicated. Music makes the microphone vibrate, make the speaker vibrate to create music.

"Anyway, I'm happy to share some of my hard-earned academic knowledge and save y'all $250k in Ivy League tuition."

-Unless you spend 250K on electrical engineering, I'm not interested.

"BTW, my good friend Nanana has also studied philosophy of science and the human sciences so he would be generally in agreement with me."

-That is so vague and awkward it is virtually meaningless.

"I'm just trying to hip you all to major trends in 20th century intellectual history that are being completely bypassed in most audio discussions I encounter, especially the ones that purport to be "serious." "

-How about those old Western Electric speakers that you make your living off selling, do you think those engineers subscribed to this same bullshit?

"What I react to is using bogus notions like "expectation bias" as a priori shoot-downs. This is something that needs to be proven in specific cases, even if you buy the theoretical reasoning, which I do not in the form it is given."

-I told you I tried the poker chips and Popsicle sticks, nothing happened.
Perhaps you fell victim to "reverse expectation bias." ;)

Read MY sig and have a nice day.

△This message will self destruct in 10 seconds△

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.