Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Thanks

"There isn't a person alive who can hear the difference in the direction of such a simple wire passing alternating current"

Yet I've noticed that even non-audiophile persons have noticed and have explained in great precise detail what they hear from a wire reversal passing AC current - if the system is transparent enough. People who aren't technically educated hear it the easiest - and even as a background listening music from another room.

To listen to a wire's direction, you're best going to listen in MONO mode. Take your wire and put a piece of tape at one random end. Then disconnect the positive cable going from the speaker to the amplifier and connect the "test wire".
Listen to the first direction for some time, half a minute
Swap the cable
Listen again
Swap the cable
Listen again
Swap
Listen

On the wrong direction, there is a certain "dispute" with the sounds, lack of harmony and order, something like phase distortion. This is why to listen to vocals high harmonic instruments as piano, sax, violin.
On the right direction, the sounds blend together to make a harmony, a beautiful picture and you get the impression of a soundstage and depth, even despite it's mono mode.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Thanks - aknaydenov 10:32:09 09/20/15 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.