Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: SUN SV 2A3 stereo SE amp .... MEASUREMENTS

My dear friend,

I would NOT pay much attention to what "Zorin from Belgrade" wrote at all!! Whos he, what are his qualifications ? A 25K pot on the input will short out the signal to ground, destroying what micro-detailing the amp has. Heck, I'd like the 100K to become 250K !!

I would trust NOT what you read, but TRUST what you personally HEARD and said you liked about the SUN 2A3 amp.

Changing to a VT-52 is ONLY hearing the difference between tubes !!

Its like a pretty gal changing from a brunette hair coloring to a bleached blond, while all along, she is a hunchback.

The amp itself only requires the two mods I suggest, to immediately gain about 25% in performance improvement, fun, and all-around listenability .

Its truly a Fool's Game to be listening to 2A3s with a high DCR choke and a ringing ( .47 uF. / . L . / .47 uF. ) B+ supply.

I have not had a chance yet to be given the extra measurements I need, but above PSUD 2 simulation is just a guess - judging on the posted 10 VDC drop across the schematic's stock B+ Finals filter.

Imagine how it will play music, when the dreaded and unwanted series resistances in the B+ Finals filter gets comprehensively and thoughtfully reduced by a factor of TEN, and the 2A3 tube's dissipation gets optimized.

There are many many things anyone can "change" inside an amp, but understanding the one or two most important things to optimize, IS a horse of a different color. Fun.

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 03/31/15 03/31/15 03/31/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.