Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Condescension again. To what end?

You take my point only insofar as you can refute it; you seem to have either missed or disregarded the intent - perhaps I should be more succinct in my discourse (oops, my persona slipped for a moment).

>>>I have posted to the fact that I have purchased at least five times to include amps and other higher end items from him. Is that concise and relative enough to count as my having first hand knowledge for you?<<<

Remember, you defined the criteria (without authority to do so, but we can let that slide). Your post provided only a little first hand experience, then offered a great wad of 'opinion', which could have been offered irrespective of said first-hand experience. So, is your criteria designed to limit posts to 1) just providing first hand experience [your post failed this], or 2) only allowing those with first hand experience to offer 'opinion' that one would not necessarily need the first hand experience to provide [flawed intent and suggests arbitrary control]?

>>>Well if you have not bought anything first hand than your contribution to this thread is rather meaningless. I did point out in a email to Ron a few days ago that he has a problem. Whether or not he chooses to reply to this forum is completely up to him.<<<

My point was that most of your post offered up opinion that 'most anyone could provide, irrespective of whether they had first hand experience or not. You moved away from simple sharing of experience eg. I bought x and had y service, to providing opinion on whether or not various experiences / business activities / poster behaviours were appropriate etc. By doing so, you invited others to share their opinions also. Pretty simple, really.

>>>I asked him to tell us what part he ordered? If it was a kit or what? Had he gone to the Welborne site he would have read that until the 12th they were closed and filling their back orders. Further had he scrolled down this active AA page he could have read and added to that on-going thread. Whatever.<<<

You are very selective on what you choose to address. I am guessing by the "whatever" added at the end, you have little means of backing out of this one. Simple, you seemed disproportionately aggressive in response to a genuine request. Just cop it, there is not weakness in doing so; it demonstrates strength actually.

>>>So my statement stands that unless you have first hand knowledge ordering from Welborne you should not be posting anything negative about his company<<<

Wrong; that argument is flawed in many ways. 'Oh, unless I experience it directly, I should ignore it.' Please. Various people have provided the data (sort of); I can analyse it. You did when you offered up the type of opinion that did not directly relate to your experiences. Also, re-read my initial response – it was a not so harsh opinion and made suggestions, ‘shoulds’ etc. – nothing directly attacking Ron or his business.

>>>I for one can state that on multiple occasions before and after my ordering around $3K in items from Ron I have sent and received prompt replies from him. Can you write the same thing Dude?<<<

As discussed above, irrelevant to what I posted.

>>>BTW if you registered here people would take your posts more seriously Dude.<<<

You are grasping. My argument stands on its merits, not my history. You seem to have taken my posts *very* seriously, considering the time you have spent...

>>>Again I am not defending him.<<<

No, you are just trying to gag some posters and make excuses.

>>>It is not new news that Ron is known to be a little slow filling orders. I hope Ron finds time to jump in and let the folks know what is going on AND he tells people what he doing to rectify the situation. The 3 week wait on my pair of 45 DRD amps was well worth it since they sound great to my ears.<<<

All discussed earlier, in this thread and others.

Now, I could go back and deconstruct each of your "load of piss-weak excuses, shoddy rationalism" and I have answered your points / questions, can I go hang wi' my peeps now dude?

Kindest regards
Buzz

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.