Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Did you fax him, call him or even read the note posted on his website?

His website shows his being closed for a week until 3/12/07 to catch up on all pending orders. I have ordered over five times from Ron with no problems ever. If you had bothered to scroll down this page a few page down buttons worth you would have read of the latest blood letting at Ron's expense. Please tell us all what this one part is that you ordered from him? Do I agree with Ron or any company billing any CC before an item ships? Of course not but he is not the only biz doing it to be fair. The business degree side of my brain says this is not being done universally, but it does happen. With small cottage businesses like Welborne that too are at the mercy of their own suppliers. In all fairness is Welborne the only company doing this? He is famous for taking an extra week or two to ship items. The longest I waited was an extra 3 weeks for a pair of DRD amps. That was not a huge deal to me. If it is to you then being that we live in a capitalist society simply order your parts from someone else. This holds true if Ron does not understand that he has a problem with his (not so) prompt order filling and his shipping times.

I think Ron has reached the point where he must pay for a full time warm body to ship items for him if that is even the problem. I hope Ron jumps in and gives us his side of the story shortly. I have placed orders from many other companies and have had waits FAR longer than the one 3 week wait from Welborne to be sure and to be fair. John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.