Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: The Importance of Audio Measurements

Micro's are a bit under scrutiny I can understand that,but more so as in the case of cables.If you have unsheilded cable's it would be a concern I would think or as in my case Unsheilded and small gaged wire,but I have not seen any results that varify a difference that I can remember.As for an audio effect I have nothing to judge them by because I do not know weather there is a diff..I have had no problems with my wire.

On the other hand static electricity is a huge charge and how is that measured.I know I can feel it and it is a big cause of failure for IC's.Even chewing gum can result in a charge when working with Transistors.I know that from when I worked at Fairchilds.

"A poor result on this test correlates to the common listening experience of dynamic range compression, congestion, loss of detail and obscuration of the silence and harmonic integrity in music as the material becomes increasingly complex."

That would to be shown to me by Ear.I stated before Mesurements are good on certain levels and other's really don't do much for the consumer.The way they are takin is not uniform through the industry as any sales person will tell you.Something should be done about that.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: The Importance of Audio Measurements - NEAR SOTA 13:55:56 11/20/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.