Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

You know, below a certain depth, the helium mix doesn't work

""Why don't you ask Dr. Hawksford about ALL OF HIS PAPERS on this subject.""

I am in direct discussion with him regarding those, and have asked him of it, and I quote(my text to Dr. Hawksford):

""Because the situation I encountered fits exactly your Fig. 7, I contend (politely, of course), that it is possible you may have seen a measurement setup error. Given the age of the paper,have you delved any further into the subject?" And, I would like your opinion of my analysis.""

Now, if you look closely, you will see the words "Given the age of the paper, have you delved any further into the subject?" I hope it will not be necessary to explain to you what that means.

""Then you will have CLEAR AND COMPLETE COPIES of his work. What you asked Dr. Hawksford is regarding ONLY what I sent you, and then you complained about its print quality.""

I lamented the lack of discernability of the paper overall, but did not assign blame. Rather, I thanked you for your efforts. And what was readable to me was sufficient to ask intelligent questions of Dr. Hawksford.

""If you want to dispute his measurements, it seems only fair that you read everything pertaining to his measurements that he has written""

I asked him if he had delved further.

Dr. Hawksford appears to be most comfortable with my questions. He is most kind, and has taken the time to respond to me.

You, on the other hand, are obsessed with being the alpha male with respect to all things audio. Why you continue to harp on the Hawksford thing is beyond me. No, actually, it's not beyond me. You use "chaff" in a consistent and predictable manner to divert the conversation so you do not have to address a question you are unable to answer. Again, the question on the table is "is 110 dB under 50mV within the realm of human hearing."

I feel obliged to remind you..."I don't know" is an acceptable answer. I've had to use it many times in my work environment, and am very comfortable in the understanding that others may know more than me. Perhaps there IS something I can teach you after all?

TTFN, John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.