Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Read the post BEFORE responding, please...

The testing with a single tone is LESS SENSITIVE. It gives a lower percentage result, than the equivalent multi-toned IM test waveform like the one that Jon Risch uses. However, music IS multi-toned. Unfortunately, my thd meter that does a 90+dB pre-null of the single test tone, cannot null other tones at the same time. If someone will fund me, I will build a multi-toned pre-null box to null a series of spaced tones in front of my HP-3563. Then I can get even larger levels of distortion residuals. However, I am happy enough with differences between connecting wires at the moment.
Now for the rest of you out there. It is true that these levels are low, BUT they are consistent, and change with each type of wire tested. This is real, not guesswork. I am sure that they correlate to subjective listening response to some degree at least, because the 'lousy' wires usually measure much worse than the hi end wires that I have tested.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.