Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Dick Heyser

Hi
I figured this is kind of obscure and technical and I post this here in "propeller head" with that term used in the most flattering way.

I met Dick Heyser once a long time ago at a Synaudcon dinner and I felt so small I probably said 12 words total that night.
Dick Heyser was an inspiration for me and a few years later I was fortunate to work at a company that bought an early TEF machine (for measuring acoustic levitation transducers) which opened the world of Time/phase in loudspeakers for me.

Doug Jones was a friend of Dick's. After Dick's death, when Doug taught acoustics at Columbia college he felt his work had to be preserved and was the one who obtained and organized Dick's lab and writings, the archives. (link in this video).

I got to walk through his lab stuff and Doug and spent a good deal of time reading some of his work and pondering what he meant or did and I am still boggled by how far ahead he was and there are so many things i would ask him about things he said and maybe let him hear a speaker he described conceptually.

He really was a brilliant guy, A Ham, a physicist working at JPL who's hobby was hifi.
If you ever wondered about Dick, Doug gave a nice on-line presentation IF your on bookface :-)

I couldn't get my mic to work and ended up running out to the shop and grabbed a measurement mic and then had the level too low at first.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10225529512818801&set=gm.5792107924160098&idorvanity=1305077852863150

Tom Danley
Danley Sound Labs

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Dick Heyser - tomservo 14:29:09 01/26/23 (39)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.