Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Sub to woofer XO delay?

@John Elison ... Aren't those Rythmik subs wonderful. I use (and have specified for others) those subs for years. I personally use the F12G with the GR Research drivers, since I prefer them for 2-channel audio. It's a subjective thing I admit. They are are a bit taxed in a HT use, but still work quite well on movies.

The ability to set delay and phase is just wonderful. I use APx Analyzers to make those adjustments, not something most people have access to. It's a work tool, so I have them.

As far as setting phase and delay you either have it right or it's not. It's not really a subjective thing. You're phase and time aligned or not. This is why I use measurement for this adjustment. If those parameters are out of alignment even to a small degree, many other things go afoul and become unpredictable, such as overall amplitude response of the system and room mode control. Particularly tangential modes and anti-nodes in most rectangular rooms we find in our homes.

Edits: 06/14/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sub to woofer XO delay? - jrlaudio 14:48:10 06/14/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.