Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Agreed!

I found the exact same thing on all fronts, when years ago Ric Schultz rode my ass to simply try the Radio Shack degausser I had from my days of cassette head demags from the 70s. (I was, as usual back then, very 'resistant' to such tweaks as being 'unscientific".) But Ric, as usual, was right on the money, much to my disbelief.

Yeah, it worked. But that weird tingling feeling in the hand/fingers was the exact same reason I said, "Too weird. Not worth it." Never used the RS device after that, to be honest.

Then I got a beat-up Bedini demag device for free, and decided to re-try the demagging again, and the Bedini did a nice job for costing zero. Looked like shit, but worked fine.

When I got my Cabasse dealership long ago, I was able to finagle a Furutech demagger for a song from a guy I knew, so I have one of those, too. Very nice, and much better than the Bedini.

I was a major league skeptic on this one, until Ric convinced me to finally try the Radio Shack degausser. Still cannot believe it makes ANY difference at all. Crazy stuff, no doubt.

Whoodathunkit?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.