Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: I'M SORRY I ASKED..........

Joey, you appear new to the asylum. I appreciate your input and your enthusiasm. Still, this has been going on for years, and I have certainly lost my patience. We have been arguing the same points for at least 4 years, either here or on AR, with many of the same people. I have been going through old responses that I made years ago, and I actually was more polite. Yes, I have changed, but I will still try to keep civil enough not to be completely ineffective with others.
Many people think that cable measurements are a waste of time, because they are so subtle. Others have listened to cable differences and that is enough for them, as they trust their ears. I have heard differences, but I would prefer to measure what I hear. That is why I researched and published technical papers on TIM, capacitor linear (DA) and non-linear distortion, and any other problems such as resistors, volume controls, etc.
If you check the archives of the AES up to about 20 years ago, you will find many interesting research articles on distortion in audio systems. Later work is been stifled, because the folks in power don't like the idea that wires, etc can be important. They just ignore it at the AES, and just throw out criticisms about it when they can. Dr. Toole has been brought up on this website. Dr. Toole made some criticisms of wire differences 15 years ago when I first met him, that were not even part of the program. I am well aware of his position on wires, and I doubt that he has changed much, if at all. Yet some here, almost glorify the guy as the savior of the audio industry! On another thread, a 'double-blind' test by Larry Greenhill was cited. Well, I know that the RESULTS of the test were re-written by Larry Greenhill, in order to get it published. How do I know? Hy Kachalsky (sp) , Larry's friend and co-tester, told me so. He was very disappointed, because of the bias used by the magazine to make sure that the test measured almost nothing useful. How about that folks? Objectivity in action!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I'M SORRY I ASKED.......... - john curl 08:28:45 11/19/02 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.