Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

John C, you consistently amaze me

""John Es, you ask me to be polite, yet you 'snipe' at my efforts, just like you did with Dr. Hawksford.""

Snipe? Actually, I asked a legitimate question. One which you are unprepared to answer, so you deflect. Why do you take offense to legitimate questions?

Any it seems YOU are the only one on the planet (you know, EARTH?) who has a problem with my questioning the techniques of Dr. Hawksford. HE CERTAINLY didn't. He thanked me for the polite inquery, in fact, and we are discussing the issue. But YOU already knew that as he copied you on the response.

""I KNOW what I am measuring, and every cable type has a different spectrum. I am learning something here""

I have made no assumptions or statements as to what you know. Perhaps you are learning something here, that's not my call.

"" and you are not teaching me anything.""

You state the obvious; everyone knows that.

""Please! Read a tech. book, ask your associates down the hall about things, or ACTUALLY measure something yourself.""

Unfortunately, the "tech books" are not advanced enough to cover the "actual measurements" that I am involved in on a daily basis. But you are welcome to come to PAC 2003 in Oregon, in May, and listen to my presentation on 11 axis motion control superconductor winding techniques for IP solenoid final focussing multiple harmonic cold masses. But before you do, I'd recommend some reading so that you will at least have seen some of the words I will be using. Not understand, mind you, just at least be able to say "hey, I've seen that word before".

Of course, your befuddlement at what I will be presenting would be the exact same thing I went through when I first started here. Took me a year and a half until I knew what they were saying.

I would venture to say, there are many disciplines out there you and I would both be befuddled at. Not a good thing, not bad. Just is.

""Chipping at my efforts does nothing.""

I do not chip at your efforts.. I applaud them.

""Your 'opinion' is no better than that of any layperson.""

Of all you rambled of here, that is the closest you have come to truth.

TTFN, John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.