Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension

As Norm says, you are reading much too much into the little section from the interview with Toole. What you want just is not there; for that matter, I would wish for more detail. Making distinctions does not indicate more than possibilities.

Hardly anyone denies that different cables and interconnects may make an audible difference under some circumstances. You have consistently refused to tell me who holds such a position, much less providing any refences, apparently relying on your overall impressions. You keep beating this dead horse (you are not alone in this). However, to reason that because there may be a difference that therefore there must be an audible difference in your system is not valid. One cannot validly reason from possibility to actuality.

I personally see no reason to have equipment where in normal use a line level signal is likely to be much affected by a difference in interconnects. Of course, phono is a different matter, as the FR of many cartridges is aubstantially affected by the capacitance--something I would rather adjust in the preamp. See: I told you there were some conditions where a difference is likely, and I even gave you a well-known example!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.