Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Follow the money. nt

I haven't seen any evidence of curve fitting: to the best of my knowledge, the AGW models are consistent with the laws of physics, and, with occasional lapses of the sort that are inevitable in a complex model with partial data, with observation. And, as I said, no one has been able to come up with a consistent AGW model that doesn't predict warming. That means that the anti-warming position has no scientific credibility, which is why, after years of lively debate, the vast majority of climate scientists no longer accept it.

The scam here, as so often and in the case of the tobacco and drug companies, is on the part of industry. In fact, I'm not sure I can think of a scientific scam that had another source, unless you perhaps consider the occasional hoax or laboratory fraud -- all of which I think occur on a small scale, involving an individual or a small group of researchers. What has happened here instead is that the energy industry has used the tactics of politics in an attempt to discredit science, when in fact only science can do that. Generally, that means vague and general objections and accusations, conspiracy theories, and attempts at character assassination, rather than competing models and data, which they can't present because they don't have 'em.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.