Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: homework

"I didn't notice the main post of his that came to mind, but it may be somewhere in there. Thanks."

I didn't find a perfect match, but the main gist of your comment is present in the posts.

The word "broken" is used several ways. These include defective equipment (e.g. ones with clearly audible hum), ineffective experimental procedures, and incorrect reasoning. As you move down this list the clarity of the them "broken" becomes obscured. All an all I don't object to the use of the term, but it allows a lot of wiggle room for argumentation. In particular, it allows for rejecting any positive test results, something that is important to die-hard skeptics, including, perhaps, James Randi. (And something that I would do, too, were I to be involved in a $1,000,000 wager.)

After reading a number of the posts, what I found most objectionable is the derogatory connotation put on "audiophile". There may be some who have the characteristics described, but most of the audiophiles I know do not deserve this abuse. (I could care less, personally. I prefer the appellation "music lover" or "audio engineer".)

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: homework - Tony Lauck 10:04:14 10/15/10 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.