Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

If you recall

Tom has shot down you're contentions about common grounds

For speaker wires, perhaps. And admits that his test is control-free. He has no idea as to whether or not the box dumbs down the test. We'll set validity aside. He continues to speculate about interconnects leading to active power amps where Frank Van Alstine has different experience. Test question: what happens when you plug interconnects from a powered up preamp to a powered up power amplifier? Got a clue? Can you tell us any manufacturer's who recommend this procedure?

Most significantly, you haven't shown controlled testing to show that power cords (and some other things) make an audible difference in a sensible application.

Who gives a crap? Certainly not the recording and audio professionals (not in the cable business) who use them every day. They don't share your lack of exposure and confidence in what you hear. Join Tom in your speculation all you please.

All you can appeal is worthless anecdotal evidence.

As opposed to Tom's non-experiential speculation? LOL!

If you complain about blind tests that have been done

I continue to point out they are control free and largely worthless. Do find a test involving a box where a control was first conducted on the box in situ. Best of luck to you. Are you really interested in what is scientifically valid? It would seem - NOT.

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.