Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Theory is great

Like I said one can measure...

How close were the capacitance and inductance values with and without the switch between the various cables?

Not sure how he would have gotten credit for such an old idea...

You're missing the point. Due to the necessity of having a common ground, you are in fact comparing the sum of all the separate cable's characteristics for each and every selection. In other words, the switch is NOT comparing one cable to another. It is comparing all the cables together to all the cables together. Worthless.

...yet in informal subjective listening cable proponent’s use, none whatsoever exists.

Proctored SBTs work pretty well and eliminate the continually unsubstantiated - and refuted *theory* that the boxes involve no relevant changes to the test.

If this wasn't the case, we wouldn't have magic knobs, magic stones ...

There really is no need to introduce straw men arguments to one on cables. While you have zero experience comparing power cables, many others have. A number of studios and award winning recording engineers find they offer value. Guys who have compared PCs. Perhaps you might try that some day.

The first step is to acknowledge how your brain / ears work together.

The second step is to avoid speculation and when a test uses some added component, one must first prove that the added component is not the cause of the (lack of) variance.

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.