Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Thank you for the reply, May, but...

the fact that I asked the question has nothing to do with "not fully understanding the issue" at all. On the contrary, as a fence-sitter in the subjective/objective squabbles, I understand far more than either side is willing to acknowledge. Sometimes one has to ask rather simple, "dumb" questions to get to the heart of a matter. I ask because Posy Rorer is quite adamant in his denial that cryogenics and domestic deep freezing are the same. If they aren't, then using cryogenic test results to support claims concerning domestic deep freezing is specious. If they are the same, then Posy is incorrect. I'm not claiming one or the other, just following some very simple rules of logic.

I have to say that I think the analogy with antiseptics is off the mark. Your final sentence equates, in the analogy, ANY antiseptic treatment with ANY freezing method due to acknowledged efficacy. Well, that isn't actually true. Cryogenics substantively changes material properties, and domestic deep freezing involves temporary expansion and contraction. They are significantly different.

If a cancer patient takes a placebo and his cancer goes into remission, it is NOT the pacebo itself that cured the cancer, but the patient, under the "placebo effect." Cryogenics actually changes things: placebos don't. The placebo effect from domestic deep freezing may involve "freezing," as cryogenics does, but at this point it becomes coincidental. Thus I would posit that you have "been struggling to make people aware: of the placebo efect.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.