Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Well, I never suggested any sound card...

Andy, you are: "Cruisin' for a bursin' " ('Grease') with such slander. After being a member of the AES for more than 40 years, I might have some criticisms, but you have just slandered (or is is libeled?) an organization that was founded to help audio engineers make better audio designs. In fact, it has deviated from that path in recent decades, because it was taken over by the Ph.D. academics, and peer review has been used with a vengeance as a tool, to reduce new ideas and to remove progressive ideas from the pages of the 'JAES'.
Is it any better in any other scientific society? I really doubt it. Politics and prejudice always seems to be part of the picture, and I don't know of any scientific society with really clean hands, or a perfect record in weeding out 'faked research', 'attempts to steal vital information' or 'active suppression of new ideas'. This appears to go with the territory of trying to make a new and better understanding of physical reality; be it hard science, or a better audio product.
When Lord Kelvin ( you know, the guy who we named the degree scale after) said "X-rays are a hoax!" in 1900, he was former President of the British Royal Society. Allowing such sloppy thinking, without proof, must imply that the British Royal Society is not very scientific either.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.