Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Well, I never suggested any sound card...

> This means either that the differences didn't exist (your take on
> this) or that the test hides the differences (my take from
> experience).

Implicit in your response is an assumption that what is heard is only a property of the sound that impinges on you ears. A scientist or even someone with a bit of common sense does not make this assumption.

You are welcome to put forward the view that the ABX box modifies the signal in some unmeasureable way. This is only a view rather than a scientific hypothesis because it is untestable if one cannot measure it. I am afraid to those with some understanding of the basis of science your view will not get taken seriously because the subject clearly lies in the scientific domain.

> Your opinion on this should get you out of the discussion of audio in
> general, why do you bother?

I am not following you. I have a technical interest in sound and audio, particularly the former, but this is an audiophile site and so it has only marginal relevance. My interest here is in audiophiles.

> Or is it because you like to heckle people who do hear differences
> in audio products?

Heckle? I ask questions about posts and, unlike most here, answer the ones I am asked in turn.

Elsewhere in this thread I have been asking you whether you can measure the differences you hear and have explained why this is a relevant question. You have not answered.

> Where do you get off telling us what 'science' is?

What is and what is not science is relevant when thinking about how much weight to give various statements. Sound and audio lie in the scientific domain unlike, say, religion and much of music and so statements about the performance of audio based on "unscientific" information is relevant.

> Are you some sort of 'expert' on the subject?

The scientific method is taught at school and so there really is not much to be expert about.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Well, I never suggested any sound card... - andy19191 23:29:22 03/04/07 (1)
    • Or.. - mkuller 10:26:36 03/06/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.