Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Why do I have to believe?

That's your main silliness. What difference does it make what I "believer" or whether or not I "believe?" Answer: it's irrelevant. My beliefs make no difference, it's evidence that counts.

What I do point out is that after some decades, people like you have failed to show that they can hear the differences between interconnects at line level or speaker wires. You claim you can do so. I do not deny that you can but I do not accept it, either. Why? No evidence you can. You have supplied neither measured data indicating differences above known JNDs nor have you supplied data from DBTs.

Some of those you might term "objectivists" (though Objectivism is the name for the philosophy of Ayn Rand) have tried to find some of the conditions under which speaker cables make an audible difference--the usual things are level differences and FR differences. Jneutron thinks some frequency related time differences betwen cables might be audible but has provided no direct evidence as yet--but then he is not making a claim as to audibility.

tubeguy:
"I looked at your audio system to get an indication of what you listen to today in Inmates Systems. At least now I know why you CANNOT hear differences the differences I do."

I should point out that you are making a circumstantial ad hominem by bashing my system, which is probably quieter than yours, I would guess. But then I am hardly surprised as you often resort to ad hominem. Why do you have a need to do that?

I suggest you get a subwoofer if you want bass below 35 Hz.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.