Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Test with 24/96 vs. 16/44 LITTLE TO NO DIFFERENCE.

The poor sonics of the 0404 card are not helping you.

If you can swing the $$$ go for the Lynxstudio card, if not, the audiophile 192 from M-Audio is a better sounding card for a little more $$. I have three DAWs set up, one with the 192 and two with the Lynxstudio TWO card.

If you have the original high rez tracks, why not downconvert to 16/44.1, save as second track and then you can switch back and forth between tracks, very quickly with editing software.

I have many recording session masters at all 4 common digital word depths/sampling rates (16/44.1, 24/96, 24/176.4, 24/192). Its interesting to note, that an original raw 16/44.1 session master does not sound as good as the exact same track recorded on a different recorder at 24/176.4 that has been down converted to 16/44.1.

24/96 does edge out 16/44.1, but it still sounds like digital audio. The higher res formats begin to sound more ligh high speed analog tape session masters.

best.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Test with 24/96 vs. 16/44 LITTLE TO NO DIFFERENCE. - mcgjohn@yahoo.com 10:22:55 02/17/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.