Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Say what is wrong with his methodology.....Nothing, If He Didnt Hear a Difference Then

I assume we are all humans and physiologically we resemble each other more than we differ; including in terms of hearing ability.

Physically the same....though perception is totally different. It is Perception that is the end product of hearing as the brain interprets the neurological messages from the ear. Hearing is in fact 100% perception, no human being can hear absolute sound without perception. We all perceive sound slightly different. And though many claim to be golden eared Audiophiles, their super hearing is still due to perception. To make an accurate test between person A and person B you will first need to train both of them to perceive sound the same. Train both people to perceive all the octaves at various amplitudes and wavelengths. Test them both to assure that both of their hearing capabilities are identical. Then play different tracks for them at different sampling rates, in the same room, in the same listening position and so forth. Now you will have an experiment with only one independent variable [the music]. As it stands you have to many independent variables, people's hearing [physical capabilities and perceptions], rooms, gear, etc. Having more than one independent variable in any experiment with always give different results.

Edits: 02/14/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.