Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I'm not a mixing engineer or production person

But I believe that audiophiles are in for a world of disappointment if their only wish for the recording industry is to start shipping music in 24/96.

What their wish should be is this: Someone who knows how to make good sounding recordings and use compression, panning, digital eq and other effects minimally or at least conservatively should show the rest of the industry how its done.

Recording and mixing engineering is why most bad recordings are bad. Not sample rate.

Audiophiles don't seem to get this and are still spending tens of thousands trying to get good sound out of bad 16/44.1 recordings with hardware upsamplers. Guys here are trying to do the same thing with software upsamplers.

If you get a bad recordings, do throw it out. As an audiophile who collects GOOD recordings of GOOD music and not just good music I am much much happier and less neurotic (and have more money in the bank) than guys who think fixing a bad recording can happen with "system synergy" or "jitter control" at home. Once a bad recording is pressed it's pressed.

Toss it and move on.

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I'm not a mixing engineer or production person - Presto 10:36:33 02/14/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.