Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Test with 24/96 vs. 16/44 LITTLE TO NO DIFFERENCE.

I don't doubt what you heard at all. Unfortunately multiplying the sample rate or bit depth just doesnt give you muliples of resolution. You get that with pictures but with audio the realtime reconstruction is flawed to a greater or lesser degree depending on the hardware. I don't buy the RFI argument that's often put across, I think it's just down to timing. SSD hd's improve the sound, so does adding more RAM. As you're running W7 try adding a bunch of USB sticks as Readyboost memory, I've been trying this out lately and this also seems to improve SQ.

Myself, I think all these tweaks tighten up the timing of data packet delivery but I've no proof of that. I also expected that with the PC dialled in better I'd hear more difference between low and high res material. Actually they both improve and still remain quite difficult to tell apart sometimes even through high end gear. Disappointing in some ways but when 44.1 can sound so good not that disappointing really :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.