Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I GIVE UP! FOOBAR WINS.

I cannot adaquately thank you guys enough for taking the time to help me here. THANK YOU.

With all the consistant hype about the EAC/Foobar combination, who'd a thunk that it would be such a royal pain to make a simple, organized, well layed out and very easily accessable (one touch) Playlist using this combination.

Hell, Windows media center automatically grabs each cd displaying album cover art and everything immediately when a disc is spun up. I have no doubt that this and other software of it's genre would have NO issues ripping into a beautifully visually organized setup. However, sound quality definitetely takes priority for me and I hear/read that EAC and Foobar at the best.

So, I am relegated to Ripping to; Drive G:\Redbook (folder). Then I must access RED BOOK folder from within FOOBAR. Then there are all of my titles, lined up in alphabetical order next to an open folder icon (for each cd title). I then choose a folder/Title and it opens up to an empty window with only the ALbum/CD title of the folder just opened. Then I double click this Title and YAHOO! the cd's title is displayed on the top console of the Foobar playback window. I must follow this somewhat cumbersome proceedure for each and every cd title that I want to listen to. Eventually the top Foobar Console gets pretty crowded and confusing sinse it does not seem to be set upin any particular order (like alphabetical).

Anyway, I am greatful to have access to great sounding copies on my external hard drive, I just can't believe that the EAC/FOOBAR combination appears to be so organizationally inept.

Thanks again for all your help.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.