Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I also used DIP Upsampler not the DIP

Again I had disappointing results with either the Benchmark USB DAC1 or the Apogee MiniDAC. I had good results with my Zhaolu and TC Electronics Konnekt DACs. The jitter control in both the Benchmark or Apogee DACs are far superior to what the Monarchy units offer. An additional set of interconnects does not help either. Another factor is that I was using toslink connections from my MAC to the DACs. The attached test results suggest that the Monarchy DIP is not the best choice for optical inputs. My personal opinion is that upsampling in the audio chain should only be done once at the superior location, which is typically in a high quality DAC and not in the computer or any of these budget add on products. But hey, I suggest that anyone interested get the manufacturers comments and the Monarchy units are cheap enough for most folks to try. The reputable suppliers all offer a 30-day return policy if you feel it does not improve the sonics.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I also used DIP Upsampler not the DIP - audiozorro 10:16:18 07/31/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.