Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: OK Asylum Hard Drive Server owners: Post

Dell Optiplex GX110 1.4GHz PIII (don't laugh, quiet as standard, much modded to make it *very* quiet). Dual-boot Windows 2000 sp4, one for audio only.

Seagate Barracuda IV's - 40GB system, 80GB for audio files.

PLextor CD-ROM, CD's ripped to APE lossless with PLextools at low drive-speeds (configurable with a Plextot/Plextools).

Music played back via Foobar2000 using kernel-streaming - only ASIO and kernel streaming works work remotely well with the DIO2448, kernel streaming is best.

M-audio DIO2448 (on it's own IRQ) using coax SP/DIF to -

late model Audio Alchemy DAC-in-the-Box (I like multibit) out via -

DNM solid-core with 27K/20Kohm shunt attenuator soldered in to reduce the DAC-in-the-Box's 2.4v by over half to -

TDK S80 NXT system for in-room - bass-unit blu-tacked to a slab of 2" stone on a bicycle inner-tube. Sheet of lead glued to inside of resonent front panel, heat sinks added to voltage-regulators (most TDK's sold have probably already fried these components by now).

Creek OBH-11 and Sennheiser 580's for proper listening (my flat precludes realistic levels, hence the TDKS's, for the moment).

I'll get serious when I earn some money.

R.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: OK Asylum Hard Drive Server owners: Post - agnostic 18:44:00 10/28/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.