Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Class D amp kills my streaming connection

I have a TP-link power line adapter, which has worked well in my granny flat I use as a home office. That is, until I added a subwoofer with a class d plate amp to my desktop audio system (an old NuForce Icon2 with some Tannoy monitors) which I stream via Roon from my music server attached to my audio system in the main part of the house. Turning on the sub kills the connection between the TP-link and the house. I can watch it die.

I have tried a lot of things: lifting the ground, running the sub on a different outlet, a different circuit, running the sub behind an isolation transformer, running it in all these scenarios completely disconnected from any other part of the system. All fruitless: simply turning on the sub kills the TP-link connection to my router.

Any ideas on how to rectify? I would really like to have some bass with my music... but I need the internet in my office.

Edits: 04/20/23

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Class D amp kills my streaming connection - gortnipper 19:32:31 04/20/23 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.