Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

PiCore Player must restart squeezelite after LMS has been turned off

Pretty much each day I have to restart squeezelite on my RPi running 8.2 PiCore Player in order to play music. I say pretty much since sometimes it works just fine. I'd say it doesn't work 5 out of 7 days each week.

Setup is LMS running on a Win10 PC with wired ethernet. RPi running latest PiCore Player with USB out to Denifrips Pontus II (always powered on) and wired ethernet also.

I shut the Win10 PC running LMS down each evening. After powering it up the next day LMS starts at boot as normal and then almost always after launching the web control interface and selecting something to play (doesn't seem to matter if it's a local file, Qobuz, or Radio Paradise) the player does nothing. To get it playing I need to remote into the PCP and restart squeezelite.

PCP setting is USB audio.

Any idea what may be going on? I've changed the output device setting to a variety of the recommended devices in the interface list but none of them seems to solve the restart issue.

Jeff

SMAC website:  http://www.michiganaudioclub.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - PiCore Player must restart squeezelite after LMS has been turned off - jeffmathers 08:56:56 04/20/23 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.