Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Under $2.000 DAC Options.

Hi All,

As I'm looking to treat myself to a newer DAC come December, and since I'm not able to get about and demo items as I once could......., I merely wanted to inquire about said few options, of which I've narrowed my logical choices down to, yet could still use your input, just in case any of you've actually owned?, or heard them?.

With that being said, shall we proceed to said options as they relate to pricing, as well as sonic characteristics.

Based upon what I'd find on various forums, it seems the MDHT Orchid DAC ( $1.310 ) reads like a great place to start...., followed by the Denafrips Pontus ll ( $1.679 or thereabouts ) once again reads like a great thing to look into as well, this followed by what as I see as the price point I never wanted to enter, but felt " WTF " let's go for it, in the Exogal Audio Comet Plus DAC ( $3.500 including its dedicated LPS ).

Please know that I'm not so much concerned about Hi-Rez type of playback as I was say just 9 years ago, yet am seeking a DAC which offers a sense of musicality that's natural above all else, with a greater sense of spaciousness | timing | refinement | detailing ( but not at nose bleeding levels I'd add ) that I could possibly live with for at the very least the next 5-8 years......, as I'm well aware this is one area in audio where the technology side of things changes within 3-6 months, if not sooner?.

TIA!, to all you willing to share your insight on said matters, as well as maybe make several logical recommendations on my behalf.

As my usual parting goes along the lines of late......., Be well | Stay safe to you all.
O_o scar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Under $2.000 DAC Options. - el34eh@yahoo.com 18:26:23 09/02/21 (15)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.