Computer Audio Asylum

Follow up to Ivan's post re: Canare power cord

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  Email  Next ] [ Computer Audio Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

When I purchased the Canare cable and connectors for the uRendu following John Swenson's post, I got far more cable than I needed for that application alone and had extra connectors.

Today, I clipped the 6' long wimpy 22 gauge cord to the Jameco linear and replaced it with a 4' run of (effectively) 17 gauge Canare. Soldered the ends at the linear and wrapped with electrical tape.

Difference? Well, I believe that lowering the resistance and inductance by 80% did yield some improvements with the inexpensive power supply. This added a mere two bucks to the initial $15 investment so it was a no-brainer. Today, I compared it with my 2A Jockery battery to see how it now compares.

The battery supply still trumps the linear in terms of top end smoothness and dynamic punch. The "He's Here for Us" track from the 24/96 soundtrack from Rogue One clearly illustrates that point for me.

Conclusions? Short of buying a really capable linear, a strong cell phone battery sure works nicely powering a Pi.

Follow Ups: