Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

HYSOLID

Dear Forum

It´s been a while since I have posted anything on these pages, but in recent month I have (from inspiration of likeminded friends) undertaken some changes that I would like to share with you.

From earlier times in the cMP2 (cicsmemoryplayer) project till newer comments, HFI interference has become a bit of buzz, and I can clearly state that this is an issue in high end playback.
Some of my german friends have gone length to eliminate the computers HFI emissions, so I took a bet on that a 10 meter Corning Optical USB cable could get rid of the PC in the listening environment.
Okay. Previous DAC (Prism Sound Lyra) had no issues to transfer data via the Corning Optical cable.

Next I got to figure out if I could get equal quality of a remote operated player to work instead of cPlay (cMP2) as the PC was moved next door.
Got JRiver to work remotely, but was not really happy with it´s sound quality, so why not try out HYSOLID.
This playing software seems only to work with certain DAC drivers, but I was intrigued by it´s concept of running as a "service" in the Windows background and does not require to load Windows login nor load a massive amount of operating system.
No explorer, no graphics, no excessive overheads on the PC.

And HYSOLID sounds fantastic ! Very transparent, very natural and distinctly neutral.

I had to change the DAC though.
My new Mytek Brooklyn sounds very detailed and delicate, but I chose it to try it out with a battery supply.
-well that enhancement is worth an entire description itself. Phenomenal improvement an all parameters, simply said.

So now the DAC is (almost) free of HFI and power issues from the grid. And remote navigation included.

So my recommendation is to find out if HYSOLID supports your ASIO or WASAPI driver and try it out !
Highly recommended.

Kind regards
Hysolid // Mytek Brooklyn // Spectron Musician III // Analysis Audio Omega

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - HYSOLID - play-mate 13:01:18 06/18/17 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.