Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Ways to use Roon History

Ways to use Roon History - Some examples:

-- when exploring new music (eg new releases on Tidal, or just generally surfing your own or Tidal's library, you don't need to keep track of what you play, in case you like to go back for a second or third listen. (easily answers "what was that new band I was playing two days or two weeks ago)

-- when friends come over you can let them play what they like and later go back and find out what tracks you liked. (For some of my friends that's sometimes "none", but others can play some real interesting things I'd not heard.

-- for myself who spends a significant part of my listening time testing various things, I find it very useful to be able to, for example, go back and play the same tracks I did last tuesday when I was testing XYZ cable or whatever. Sometimes I can't even remember what I played an hour ago, and in fact I don't need to even try to remember.

-- nostalgia - browse what you played last spring, or on your birthday.

Given that my own memory is not what it used to be, I like that I can use computer memory when I can..maybe the history is not so useful to everyone but I love it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.