Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Good Point ! ................................

So tell me this : Suppose you're playing a track on LMS and you'd like to see what other artists have recorded that same track (across your library and any streaming services you use)...is that a one-click operation - or even possible? In Roon it's one-click. That's what I call 'clean and concise' (..and you can see how many other versions there are without clicking anything)

Or maybe you'd like to see who wrote the song, and see what other songs they wrote? You can't do that in LMS with a couple clicks.

How about seeing what you were playing to your friend (supposing you have one) last week or last month? I like the way that Roon shows me my complete history going back 18 months now.

In fact the lack of LMS's ability to have any kind of history strikes me as a big failing, something I found really annoying.

Maybe you know every piece of music ever written, but I don't, so I find the music discovery features of Roon very useful. Whereas the LMS way of presenting music is like a text file, Roon is like hypertext, with many links that you can follow, just like the WWW.

You don't like metadata? Well the name of the track is metadata, so is the artist that recorded it. Do you have something against these, preferrring "track01 unknown artist"? So you see, LMS uses and presents metadata, just not so much and not as well.

I can understand people preferring Jriver to Roon, but LMS?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.