Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I'm not sure why but....

My wife is the same way. She is a university administrator and uses hers around campus for a number of tasks and meetings in lieu of carrying around the Macbook. She has always used a keyboard/case with hers as well.

I have a slightly newer Air version with this keyboard/case. Similarly, I prefer it for business travel to my larger laptop needed only for product demonstrations. I use the pad as movie theatre, music playback system, internet browser, email client, and use Keynote for presentations (along with iPhone as remote). For two different conferences I attended this year where I was a presenter, it was a no brainer to use the pad in that role. I use the HDMI adapter for the external display.

At home, mine lives on my bedside table and used for a range of tasks including Roku remote. With the iPeng app, it serves as a renderer to my LMS based system for listening via my Shure 535 IEMs. An older one (actually wifey's first also with keyboard) lives upstairs using iPeng as primary remote to control uRendu in main system. While also allowing checking of SPL, email and surfing while listening.

I would never schlep my laptop to the bedroom or upstairs to do those things! Although I am anything but a visionary (my wife has always taken that role with mobile electronics in my household!), I get why Ive says that he's not impressed with hybrid tablet/laptop computers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.