Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I almost returned the iPad Pro for that reason...

A year ago I jumped into the Apple iOS world and I was horrified for the exact same reason you give. No user access to the file system.

It took some time but I worked around it. The app called transfer is a sort of word around. It has its own internal so you can move files into transfer and then copy from there to other apps.

Another useful trick was to install an sftp server on my windows computer. Transfer can use that, so can the flac player app.

In general I can get files in and out of iOS without iTunes, although I still hate the design. Otoh, I have 3 tablets and I only use the iPad. It's just better in every way and since it's the monster in the tablet world, apps work better in general than their android versions. So yes my next phone may be an iPhone despite iOS.

Oh by the way what drove me to Apple? I had 2 google tablets that failed and google support was so poor that I will probably not buy another google product. If an Apple tablet had hardware failures just out of warranty, it would be in the news and Apple could not just say too bad. Google basically did that.

Edits: 06/02/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.