Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Advice needed from an iphone expert...................

OK, I'm a Windows guy and Android Guy..... I have admired the iPhones for awhile with their great software and Hardware for Cameras, as well as the Look and Feel.... So, today I popped for the $700 !! iPhone 6S with 128GB of Storage..... (Rainy Day).

I have been setting it up and getting used to the differences, but I have run into a major roadblock for myself. Here Goes:

I like to store All of my Computer Files, Photos, Videos (Except Music) on my Android Phone. So I start looking for the equivalent way to copy all my Windows Files to this new iPhone.... Only about 60GB of Data Total.

So, I start searching and reading and it tells me to go to iTunes (WTF - I thought that was for music).... So , then I see "How to do it without itunes.... So, I download 'Documents' and that has you opening Apps like Photos... I try Copying any Pasting files from Windows to the iphone and it ignores me. When using itunes apparently it forces you to use the icloud as an intermediary for getting files back and forth from your computer to your phone.... And of course, if you exceed 5GB, you have to pay Apple for more storage. (That won't happen !! - That's what I bought the 128GB for !)

Phone will be returned in a few days unless someone can tell me how to manage my files on the iphone.... Seems like I must be missing a Big link, but using Google has me doing things that are so much more complicated than the Android "Copy and Paste" from Windows... Back and Forth... Android seems to be able to talk to Windows, but I can't find a way for the iPhone to talk to Windows in the area of File Management.

Ideally I would like to take the Folder in Windows called "My Data" -- That has Text, Photos, Videos, Spreadsheets, PDF Files etc. etc. and move it to my iPhone Storage, with a couple clicks of the mouse. This is what I do with my Android Phone. And then 'Refresh it' every few months.. I can easily access my files from my NAS, but Sometimes I am out of range of internet and Cell phone signal and like to have my files. Can it be done with Apple ??

Edits: 05/30/17 05/30/17 05/30/17 05/30/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Advice needed from an iphone expert................... - Cut-Throat 14:51:24 05/30/17 (93)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.