Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Bluetooth adapter

I am looking for an inexpensive bluetooth adapter so I can connect my computer (flac files only) to my secondary system. I was thinking about the Audioengine B1 but was wondering if there were any satisfactory cheaper devices.

The secondary system is a Music Reference RM-5 pre into a W4S ST-500 amp and Elac 5B speakers. I use JRiver MediaCenter to convert FLAC files to DSD on the fly and feed that into a Schiit Audio Loki DAC.

Bottom line I want to connect wirelessly from laptop to system at low cost. I don't need top quality sound as the system is in a common room that is shared with the wife. The conversation when listening is usually limited to "Dear, could you please turn the volume down a bit?" -- except there is no "Dear" and it isn't a question and a proper definition of "a bit" is about 60 db below normal conversation levels.

"Our head is round in order to allow our thoughts to change direction." Francis Picabia

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Bluetooth adapter - neolith 10:37:15 05/30/17 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.