Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

MQA - Which DAC makers are onboard with it ?

According to the Wiki article linked below, MQA was announced in December 2014. How many audiophile DAC makers are onboard with MQA today, and how many have announced support for it that we know of for future DACs? I can count them on one hand but I haven't kept up so I'm asking.

"While the technology has received little comment in the general and mainstream press, it has been exalted by the audiophile and hi-fi press. Robert Harley, editor of The Absolute Sound has referred to it as "The most significant audio technology of my lifetime". Editor John Atkinson writing in Stereophile magazine following the UK launch in December 2014 wrote "In almost 40 years of attending audio press events, only rarely have I come away feeling that I was present at the birth of a new world."

No surprise here from the usual audio press in need of a new revolutionary toy to write about but how many DAC manufacturers have been sucked in so far, and how many are signed up for MQA in their future?

I also wonder how many will holdout and for how long. At some point even the ones that reject MQA on a technical basis may be forced to get onboard with MQA as the marketing hype reaches critical mass. I don't think we're there yet.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - MQA - Which DAC makers are onboard with it ? - AbeCollins 06:22:46 05/30/17 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.