Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Is That A Raspberry in there?

The Bryston is quite simple, other than the display it uses a Hifiberry board, another appr $35 retail,and a decent power supply. I would hope the firmware is their own.
The Audio Alchemy has more stuff in there, but still recommends their $500 add on power supply.

When I got the Raspberry going, using Volumio, I thought it sounded pretty good, until I switched over to my laptop, running JRiver.

It will be fine in my bedroom, I'm using the Crown D150 that I bought in 1973. I sold it once, and got it back when the guy passed away from cancer. The speakers [AR90s] probably need new surrounds, that's 4 woofers and 2 lower midrange. They look ok, I'm afraid to touch them, they might crumble. I can do the work, I just don't want to spend the money for the parts. I did a pair of Large Advents, and a pair of EPI 100. Both turned out fine.
I sold the EPIs to a friend, telling him to first listen to them, and pay me if you want to keep them. That was almost 2 years ago. He never bought the rest of the components. He keeps crashing his Harley, priorities.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Is That A Raspberry in there? - Jeff Starr 01:06:39 05/15/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.