Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: "but I have to say Pi Core sound quality is worse.'..........

I connected a USB hard drive when I first tried it a few weeks ago with my new DAC(Mamboberry LS+) to see if it sounded any better than my old DAC (HiFi Berry). It didn't. If anything the new DAC revealed the limitations of Pi Core in the SQ department even more.

Wanted to try getting my files from the network like I do in Rune so that I could make an honest apples to apples comparison, but that blew up in my face.

I didn't honestly expect getting my files from the network .vs a USB hard drive to win me over since the only difference I noticed in Rune was a SLIGHTLY higher noise floor. That was also before I got my new linear power supply, so the difference could be even smaller now.

It was refreshing to hear at least one other person make the observation that Volumio has better sound quality than Pi Core.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "but I have to say Pi Core sound quality is worse.'.......... - jaydacus 15:20:04 04/14/17 (1)
    • So... - E-Stat 06:34:20 04/15/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.