Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Got it...

> My take-away from the discussion here is that the differences are quite system-dependent and there are not necessarily 'consensus' recommendations.

That's par for the course in audio. That's why you really need to try it both ways and decide for yourself.

> I've found the differences in digital cabling to be very subtle and reveal themselves perhaps annually, when a cable gets swapped and/or replaced.

In that case, why worry about it? Set up your system the way that's most convenient for you and concentrate on the music. After all, the common statement from most audio enthusiasts is: "It's all about the music!" If this is really true, why worry about a possible subtle difference that can hardly be heard?

I like Monster Cable interconnects and I use them exclusively in my system. I buy top-of-the-line Monster Cable at discount prices on eBay and I couldn't be happier with the sound of my system. Most of my friends who spend thousands of dollars on audiophile interconnects never seem to be happy with the sound of their systems. Therefore, you probably need to get back to the music and quit worrying about whether a shorter or longer USB cable might make a subtle difference that's nearly impossible to hear anyway. Simply buy the length cable that fits your needs and be done with it.

Good luck,
John Elison

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Got it... - John Elison 13:29:02 03/26/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.