Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Wonderful Review As Always Mercman.

Very valid point Abe,

And one that's appreciated. As I've just been reading as much as I'd find on said SOmT sMS-200 unit, it seems more likely then not this is the route in which I'll be pursuing, as it seems that many have decided that it's an improvement over the Mac Mini, yet in my mind the verdict is still out.

And I'd never ever, even if I had it spend as much as $17K on anything digital, now a nice pair of minty secondhand Magico S3 MK IIs or the smaller Rockport's I can justify, or even one of those nice Accuphase Integrated's, but that's where I draw the line.

I tend to shop for said digital devices between the price points of $450 ( SOtM comes in just right ) upwards of $2.900 towards an Aurender N100H, so I'm merely trying to decide on which would be the better option over the long haul........, trust me, I'm not one to waste or be swayed by crazy pricing on items based solely upon reviews, but their are those key reviewers like Mercman ( Steve ) to which I've come to trust.......

And as my dealer David Michael Audio ( in Royal Oak, Michigan ) carries both the Aurender as well as Innuos Zen Mini MK II servers, my intention is to compare them side by side before doing anything.

Edits: 03/25/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.