Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Suggestions on Best Way for Me to Stream Tidal HiFi?

Thanks for the helpful suggestions! I'm now a bit stuck between the Aries and the modified Connect, as they both have some unique advantages.

The Aries seems to have an amazing Tidal interface, which is important to me. On the issue of Tidal's potential demise (which I guess I see as well?), what alternatives do you think Auralic can/will make available via software updates? Anyway, if you're still trying to sell your Aries, you're welcome to contact me -- either through forum e-mail or directly (just take my user name, put a period between first and last, and ship it off to yahoo.)

The modified Connect seems lovely ... and it has the added advantage of Pandora access (which would be huge for my fiancee). It lacks the AES/EBU output that I so desperately want, however. I guess I could utilize Toslink. As I'm still in the throes of a love affair with a 16/44.1 DAC, I guess that's the configuration selection I would make when ordering?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.