Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Suggestions on Best Way for Me to Stream Tidal HiFi?

For a couple of years, I've been streaming Spotify from my iPhone to a 16/44.1 DAC via a Cambridge Audio iD100 dock. Let's just say that it was an OK way to enjoy the convenience. I recently switched to Tidal HiFi -- with DragonFly Red connected to iPhone -- for my portable setup, and now I'm starting to see the possibilities. So, I'd like to continue making upgrades at home while still keeping things pretty simple.

I've been considering replacing my iPhone dock with a more legit USB converter. I'm eyeing the Singxer SU-1, as it is iPhone compatible (just barely -- but it works); and it has AES/EBU digital output, which greatly simplifies my connection scheme. But, I'm wondering if I should look into a purpose-built streamer instead and relegate my phone to remote control duties. I understand that the various Auralic models have a nice iOS interface. The Aries offers AES/EBU, but $1600 seems like a lot for my very limited use. Should I consider the much less expensive Aries Mini?

The thing that I want to avoid is spending even more time in front of a full-blown computer. At least for now, that's just not for me. So, suggestions for both a SQ-oriented and straightforward way to stream Tidal HiFi would be much appreciated. Thanks!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Suggestions on Best Way for Me to Stream Tidal HiFi? - Jim Hodgson 16:30:43 03/13/17 (30)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.