Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: MP-3 DIY tweaking - possibility, resources? (long)

Of all of our products, the MP-3 has probably changed the least over its production life. Most of the update/upgrade work is fairly straightforward, and should not be a problem for someone with general electronics experience. Depending on when it was built, there may be a number of fairly subtle changes to be made.

The only exception here is the addition of the HV regulators - this job is non-trivial, and requires a lot of cut & rework on the board. I've seen supposedly 'expert' individuals screw this job up.

If you can get back to me with the MP-3's serial number, or even better, a nice hi-res color photo of the internals, I can tell you the current state of the unit. $1300 is a very good price, and I'd think twice about letting it slip.

About the linestage / phono stage thing.. think of it this way: If the linestage didn't work very well, you'd probably never hear anything good about the phono, either.. difficult to have the latter without the former.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.