Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: 470K resistors

Well, the CC resistors as shunts mounted on the bottom side of the PCB did not cause as much noise as did the metal films mounted in the same position, but the noise was further reduced when I moved the CCs to the top side of the PCB, where they were originally. As you can well imagine, my goal is to enjoy the Beveridge speakers, so I did not dwell on the question of whether metal film resistors could be made to work, or not. I had both types on hand, so I went with the most optimal choice. True though, the schematic calls for 470K/1W. I bought Roederstein 475K/2W from Michael Percy Audio, just because he is reliable and fast; they turned out to be fatter than the OEM CC types in 1W rating. Thus they really had to be mounted on the bottom side of the board because no room on the top side. There are plenty of carbon film types that would fit nicely on the top side too, like the KOA Speer from Mouser. But I had CCs, and I knew they would work, at least without adding to my problems.

Edits: 10/15/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 470K resistors - Lew 09:18:55 10/15/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.